If you want to elevate your roasted veggies, this easy recipe is a game changer! Perfectly seasoned roasted carrots and cauliflower, sprinkled with a tad of mozzarella at the end bringing that amazing gooey texture and flavor everyone loves! Kids and adults will be looking forward to eating their vegetables now!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- These roasted veggies are absolutely delicious! Carrots and cauliflower go really well together, the texture and flavors are just so good. Adding a little cheese to melt on top at the end takes it to the next level. And it's visually appealing!
- It's nutritious! Carrots and cauliflower are both excellent sources of vitamins, minerals and fiber. As a certified nutritionist, I always try to add a lot of flavor to nutrient-dense ingredients without overloading them with extra calories. So for this side dish, we add just enough cheese without overdoing it. And these roasted carrots and cauliflower are great for meal-prep as they reheat beautifully.
- This recipe is super easy to make and customize! Like these roasted carrots and asparagus, you can change up the spices to bring out completely different flavors, as well as the cheese. The mozzarella can be switched for cheddar, gruyère, gouda, Italian mix for example. And roasting some veggies doesn't require complicated techniques.
- Cauliflower: chop a medium cauliflower into florets, or if it's more convenient, you can buy cauliflower already chopped up.
- Carrots: you'll need 5 to 6 carrots which should be about a pound depending on their size. I chopped them in a diagonal, you don't want them too big, try to cut them about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Spices: I used my go-to spice mixture for this veggies which is garlic, onion powders, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Oil: avocado or extra-virgin olive oil are my go-to.
- Shredded mozzarella: shred your own from a block if you can (it's more economical and meltier) but convenient pre-shredded cheese works great too.
How To Make Cheesy Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the carrots and cauliflower into bite size, and add them to a large baking tray.
Mix the spices together until well combined.
Drizzle the oil over the veggies, then mix them with a spatula or your hands until coated.
Then sprinkle the spices and again mix well until well coated. Add baking tray to the oven and cook for 28 to 33 minutes, stirring halfway.
Once the veggies are tender, remove tray from the oven, then sprinkle the hot veggies with shredded mozzarella. Stir together, then serve. Enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
- Potato Cauliflower & Leek Soup
- Kale Salad with Beets and Orange Vinaigrette
- Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Parmesan
Tips And Frequently Asked Questions
- Don't cut the carrots too big so they're cooked thru once the cauliflower is tender.
- Leftovers should be stored refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Try not to overcrowd the baking sheet so the veggies have room to roast nicely and not just steam.
- Customize the seasoning to your liking! Add more salt and pepper if you'd like, skip the paprika if you're not a fan, use a spice blend, cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for heat. Add fresh herbs of your choice right before serving. So many possibilities!
- Make sure your veggies are pat dry after washing them. You don't want extra moisture when roasting vegetables so they can get those nice golden brown edges.
- When stirring the vegetables halfway thru the cooking, if you feel like they need a little more oil, feel free to add a little spray cooking oil.
Cheesy Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower
- 1 pound carrots about 5 to 6 carrots
- 1 head cauliflower medium
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- fresh chopped parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the carrots and cauliflower into bite size, then add them to a large baking sheet.
- Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Drizzle the oil over the veggies, then mix them well with a spatula or your hands until coated.
- Then sprinkle the spices and again mix well until coated. Add baking tray to the preheated oven and cook for 28 to 33 minutes, stirring with a spatula halfway.
- Once the veggies are tender when poked with a fork, remove tray from the oven, then sprinkle the hot veggies with shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir together, adjust salt and pepper if needed, then serve with sides of choice. Enjoy!
- Cooking time will vary by a few minutes depending on your oven.