This homemade spicy jalapeño salsa is so flavorful and easy to put together! Perfect to add to tacos, eggs or simply enjoy with chips, it has that addictive spiciness you cannot get enough of! If you like hot salsas, this recipe is a must-try!
Why This Recipe Works
- This jalapeño salsa has so much flavor! Yes it's definitely spicy and has that addictive spiciness you keep going back for! It tastes so good and adds the perfect amount of heat on tacos, eggs or simply as a dip with chips!
- It's easy to make and cost effective! We quickly cook some of the components for this recipe but most of the work is done by the food processor! And the ingredients are very affordable. My husband perfected the recipe over the years and it's a staple in our house!
- It's great for meal-prep! Make a batch and add it to your food all week long for extra burst of flavor and heat with very little calories!
How to Make Spicy Jalapeño Salsa
- We're using minimal fresh ingredients for this delicious salsa: jalapeños, tomatoes, serrano pepper, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime, salt and pepper.
- You'll need a food processor for this recipe as well as a small pot to cook the jalapeños, tomatoes and serrano pepper. Then they get blended with the rest of the ingredients and voilà!
Other Recipes You'll Love
Tips & FAQs
- The seeds of the jalapeño and serrano are where most of the heat is. You can de-seed 1 or 2 peppers or keep more if you prefer very spicy. It's really up to your spice level preference! I usually keep all the seeds on 1 jalapeño and half the seeds of the serrano for a perfect kick.
- For storage, keep the spicy jalapeño salsa in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. I highly recommend using a glass container over plastic for this recipe due the acidity of the lime.
- How can I make this recipe less spicy? You could leave out the Serrano or make sure to remove most of all the peppers’ membrane and seeds before adding to the food processor.
Spicy Jalapeño Salsa
This spicy jalapeño salsa has so much flavor and an addictive spiciness you can't get enough of! It's the perfect addition to many different dishes like tacos or eggs!
- 1 small pot
- 1 strainer
- 1 food processor
- 1 Air-tight glass container
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ½ white onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ lime juiced
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper more or less to taste
- Bring pot of water to boil, add whole jalapeños, serrano and tomatoes. Cook on low boil for 9-11 minutes depending on their size.
- Carefully strain the jalapeños, serrano and tomatoes. Let cool for a few minutes. Remove skin and core of tomatoes. Cut stems of peppers. Remove inside membranes of most peppers. I usually keep all seeds on 1 pepper and half seeds of the serrano for a perfect kick. If you prefer a really hot salsa, keep more seeds.
- Place all ingredients in food processor: onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, water, jalapeños, serrano and tomatoes and pulse until everything is chopped. Keep a little chunky or to your preference.
- Place salsa in air-tight glass container and place in fridge for 1 hour until completely cooled. Enjoy!
The nutritional values shown in this recipe are approximate for one suggested serving size using the ingredients listed but not including any optional items and may vary per actual preferred portion sizes.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 12kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 289mg | Potassium: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 279IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg
Have you made this recipe?Leave a review below or tag @Sprinkledwithbalance on Instagram!Share on Facebook Share by Email
This is theeeeee best salsa hands down! It just hits every time! Highly recommend for anyone who likes that kick!
Thank you!! Yes it's definitely a recipe for heat lovers! 😀