What if I told you these air fryer chicken tacos are the best crunchy tacos you'll ever have?!! Cause that's right! They are THAT good! Crispy and soft at the same time, full of delicious fresh ingredients and SO easy to make! This recipe is a game changer for taco nights!
What Makes This Recipe Work
- These air fryer chicken tacos are very easy to make and ready to eat in under 10 minutes! We are using a very convenient rotisserie chicken for this recipe but you can use any leftover chicken, cooked frozen chicken or cook some if you prefer.
- The texture of these tacos is unbelievable! The flour tortilla gets a crispy outside but stays soft in the inside if that makes any sense! Such an amazingly satisfying feeling! Then, you get all the freshness of the produce mixed with the gooeyness of the cheesey chicken.
- You can really make these your own and add any of your favorite toppings like salsa or hot sauce! Personally I go for my restaurant-style salsa but my husband for my spicy jalapeño one!
How to make Air fryer Tacos
- We are using very minimal ingredients for this recipe. All you'll need is cooked chicken, taco size flour tortillas, shredded Mexican cheese mix or cheddar-jack, lettuce, tomato, avocado, a squeeze of lime and salsa of your choice.
- Only the tortilla stuffed with chicken and cheese go in the air fryer for 3 minutes on each side. You'll add your toppings afterwards. Be ready for one of the best bites you've ever had!
Tips & FAQs
- You will most likely need to cook the tacos in batches as overcrowding the air fryer might not give you the best results. Also you'll need to check the tacos after the first minute or two to make sure they didn't open. If they did, use a spatula to gently push them back down together. Once the cheese starts to melt, it won't be an issue and they'll stay shut. You can also use a toothpick to hold them together.
- If you are vegetarian, omit the chicken and add some beans, sautéed veggies or simply more cheese instead! I would just recommend to make sure the filling isn't too wet.
- How healthy are these tacos? Very macro-friendly! They are around 200 calories per taco, have a good amount of protein, fat and carbohydrates. You could use a low-carb tortilla, or low-fat cheese if you prefer too!
Other Recipes You'll Love
- Ground Chicken And Vegetable Stir Fry
- Creamy Dijon Chicken With Mushrooms and Leeks
- Healthy Beef Taco Bowl
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
What if I told you these Air Fryer Chicken Tacos are the best crunchy tacos you'll ever have?!! They are THAT good! Crispy and soft at the same time, full of delicious fresh ingredients and SO easy to make! This recipe is a game changer for taco nights!
- 4 flour tortillas taco size
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded
- ½ cup cheese Mexican mix or cheddar-jack
- oil spray
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped, about 1 to 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup lettuce shredded or finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
Salsa (optional but highly recommended)
- ½ cup red salsa Restaurant Style Salsa
- ½ cup green salsa Spicy Jalapeño Salsa
- Preheat your air fryer at 350°
- Assemble the tortillas with chicken and cheese. If your tortillas are cold, quickly warm them up in a skillet first for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Fold the tortillas in half and push gently on them to keep them shut.
- Spray the air fryer with oil spray. Add 2 to 4 tortillas, depending on the size of your air fryer. Quickly spray the tortillas with more oil spray. Cook for 3 minutes, carefully flip with tongues and cook for 3 more minutes. *see notes
- Once cooked, place on a plate and let cool for about 1 minutes. Carefully open the tacos a bit without breaking them to fill with avocado, tomato, lettuce, a squeeze of lime, chopped cilantro and salsa. Enjoy!
*Check the tacos after the 1st minute or 2 of cooking to make sure they didn't open. If they did, use a spatula to push them back down together. Once the cheese starts to melt, it won't be an issue and they'll stay shut. You can also use a toothpick to hold them together. *The nutritional values shown in this recipe are approximate for one suggested serving size using the ingredients listed but not including any optional items and may vary per actual preferred portion sizes.
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 438IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg
Have you made this recipe?Leave a review below or tag @Sprinkledwithbalance on Instagram!Share on Facebook Share by Email
Well, these sound and look amazing! 😍
Thank you!! They are sooo delicious!
Love this! I'm going to make it tomorrow night 🙂
Yes!!! You're going to love it! 🙂
My go-to favorite tacos hands down! So crunchy and healthy and yummy. Add Priscilla's Spicy Jalapeño Salsa (recipe link above) .... I could drink that stuff. M-m-m good!!!
Thanks!! And yes the salsa is a great addition too!