Easy and ready in less than 30 minutes, these perfectly roasted Brussels Sprouts and carrots are glazed with a touch of hot honey. These two veggies go together so well, and are such a great side for any quick dinner, meal-prep or a special occasion. Let's get roasting!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's a delicious nutrient-packed side dish! Carrots and Brussels sprouts are both highly nutritious, rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. As a certified nutritionist, I always encourage adding lots of veggies to your routine, as they're not only delicious, they're nutritious and add volume to meals without a ton of calories.
- Ohhh the drizzle of hot honey! Adding it to this roasted veggies caramelizes them beautifully with a hint of spice making them irresistible. It balances the sweetness of the carrots and the earthiness of the Brussels sprouts. And if you don't like heat, customize the recipe with regular honey, and it will still be amazing!
- Roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots pair well with so many different things! With a side of meat from chicken, turkey, beef to pork, on top of a salad, added to pasta or rice... They're great for any quick dinner, meal-prep, gatherings or holiday meals.
Key Ingredients and Variations
- Brussels sprouts: wash them under cold water, then cut the bottom and slice them in half. Brussels sprouts can vary in size greatly, keep that in mind when chopping the carrots so they cook evenly. If they're small, cut the carrots small and if they're bigger, cut them a tad bigger.
- Carrots: use any carrots you like, regular or heirloom carrots. Cut them in an angle if they're thin, or you can slice them if they're thicker. Don't cut them too big so they cook through.
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder never disappoint. You can definitely use any seasoning you enjoy, from different mixes or dry herbs.
- Oil: you need a little oil for the veggies to roast well, olive oil and avocado oil are my favorite cause they're more nutritious oils.
- Hot honey: I use hot honey which I've been loving on everything lately. It adds a little spice without being overwhelming. If you don't want spice, regular honey or even pure maple syrup would work perfectly too!
How to Make These Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Preheat the oven to 420° Fahrenheit.
- Wash and dry the carrots and Brussels sprouts.
Peel the carrots and slice or cut them in an angle.
Cut the stems off the sprouts, then slice them in half (or quarters if they're big).
Season the veggies with the spices (but not the hot honey yet).
Distribute them on a single layer on the baking sheet, sprouts cut side down. Roast for around 15 minutes.
Once the veggies are tender, drizzle the hot honey, gently toss the veggies and continue roasting for 5 minutes.
More Delicious Veggie Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Delicata Squash
- Cheesy Roasted Carrots and Cauliflower
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
- Broccoli Zucchini Soup
- Chickpea Soup
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- Try to cut the carrots and Brussels sprouts close in size so they cook evenly.
- Don't overcrowd the baking sheet. For the best results, the veggies should be placed on a single layer.
- Leftovers can be stored refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- I use store-bought hot honey but you can make your own by mixing honey with a little cayenne pepper or/and red pepper flakes.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots with Hot Honey
- Preheat the oven to 420° Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Slice them in an angle or slices, not too large.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts. Cut the bottom off, then slice the sprouts in half.
- Add the veggies to the large baking sheet. Drizzle the oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder over, and toss with your hand or a spatula until all the veggies are coated in spices.
- Distribute the veggies in one single layer, placing the Brussels sprouts cut side down. Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until the veggies are tender but still with a small resistance when poked with a fork.
- Carefully remove the baking tray from oven, drizzle the hot honey over the veggies and toss them gently with a spatula. Add back to oven and continue roasting for 5 minutes or until veggies are cooked thru.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, a little more hot honey and salt and pepper if you wish, and serve with sides of choice. Enjoy!
- Cooking time will vary by a few minutes depending on your oven and the size of the veggies. Keep an eye starting after 13 minutes if your veggies are smaller to not overcook them.