This delicious baked crustless quiche with asparagus, ham and goat cheese is savory, creamy and low-carb! Perfect for breakfast, brunch or your next picnic, this recipe is a must-try!
Why This Recipe Works
- This crustless quiche is not only delicious, it's low carb, high protein and amazing for meal prep! The secret hidden ingredient is low-fat cottage cheese and adds extra creaminess and protein without extra fat! If you're not a fan of cottage cheese don't worry, you won't even know it's in there!
- It's such a great recipe for summer brunch and will impress anyone you share it with! Delicious seasonal asparagus, creamy goat cheese and mozzarella and savory ham for the win!
- It's naturally gluten-free and can also be customized! Skip the ham if you're vegetarian and hashbrowns if you're keto!
How To Make Crustless Quiche With Asparagus
This recipe is easy to make and only takes a few steps and it's so worth it I promise! You'll pre-cook the asparagus first with shallots and fragrant fresh garlic. Then the eggs and cottage cheese get blended with a bit of half and half and dijon mustard. I used deli ham and simply chopped it. Once everything is assembled together, you'll bake the crustless quiche for about 30 minutes.
More Delicious Brunch Recipes Ideas
Tips & FAQs
- You can store the quiche in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat the leftovers in the microwave for an easy quick nutritious breakfast!
- I recommend to serve this dish with a crunchy green salad with a vinaigrette like my champagne vinaigrette. The crunch and acid will really balance it all together!
- Don't skip sautéing the asparagus with shallots and garlic! Not only delicious flavors will develop, it will also assure that the asparagus are cooked all the way!
Crustless Quiche with Asparagus, Ham & Goat Cheese
This delicious crustless quiche with asparagus, ham and goat cheese is savory, creamy and low-carb! Baked to perfection, this recipe is a must-try for you next brunch or picnic!
- 1 skillet
- 1 blender
- 1 round pie baking dish
- 2 cups asparagus chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup frozen hashbrowns
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup ham chopped
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella more or less to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese about ¼ cup
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese low fat (2%)
- ¼ cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for cooking
- oil spray to coat baking dish
- Preheat oven at 375° Fahrenheit. In skillet add oil and shallots. After a couple minutes add chopped asparagus and garlic. Cook on medium low for about 4 minutes.
- Add the paprika, some salt & pepper and frozen hashbrowns. Mix in and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Lightly coat baking dish with oil spray and add the asparagus mixture.
- In blender, add eggs, cottage cheese, half & half, dijon mustard, the rest of salt and pepper and blend quickly until all mixed.
- Add chopped ham, goat cheese and half the mozzarella on top of the asparagus mixture.
- Add the egg mixture and the rest of mozzarella and bake for 30 to 33 minutes or until completely cooked. Optional: broil for 1-2 minutes at the end and serve with a crunchy green salad.
Vegetarian: skip the ham. Keto: skip the hasbrowns. *The nutritional values shown in this recipe are approximate for one suggested serving size using the ingredients listed but not including any optional items and may vary per actual preferred portion sizes.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 805IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 2mg
Have you made this recipe?Leave a review below or tag @Sprinkledwithbalance on Instagram!Share on Facebook Share by Email
Wow! This recipe looks amazing and I love the way you included nutritional facts and the overall layout!
Thank you so much! 🙂