This delicious baked crustless quiche with asparagus, ham and creamy goat cheese is savory and low-carb! Perfect for breakfast, brunch or your next picnic, this recipe is easy to put together and full of flavor.
Why You'll Love this recipe
- This crustless quiche is not only delicious, it's low carb, high protein and amazing for meal prep! The secret hidden ingredient is low-fat cottage cheese and adds extra creaminess and protein without extra fat like in these mashed potatoes! If you're not a fan of cottage cheese don't worry, you won't even know it's in there!
- It's such a great recipe for brunch and will impress anyone you share it with! Delicious asparagus, creamy goat cheese and mozzarella and savory ham for the win! It's a also great for meal-prep and reheats beautifully.
- It's naturally gluten-free and can also be customized! Skip the ham or replace it with a plant-based option if you're vegetarian.
- Cottage cheese: it adds creaminess and extra protein.
- Eggs: the base of a quiche.
- Hashbrowns: since the quiche is crustless, they add some texture.
- Asparagus: they're the veggie of choice but you could replace them with broccoli for example if you wanted. Make sure to trim the hard bottom, and pick thinner than thicker if possible, as they'll cook faster.
- Ham: finely chopped, it adds a bit of smokiness. It can be replaced with bacon, turkey bacon or skipped or replaced with plant-based "meat" if you're vegetarian.
- Goat cheese: so creamy and delicious.
- Shredded mozzarella: just a bit for cheesiness.
- Seasoning: garlic and shallots, paprika, Dijon mustard and fresh chives.
How To Make This Crustless Quiche Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
In skillet add oil and shallots, cook for a few minutes, then add asparagus and garlic. Cook for about 4 minutes.
Add paprika, salt, pepper and frozen hashbrowns. Mix in and cook for a couple more minutes.
Lightly coat baking dish with oil spray, then add asparagus mixture.
Add chopped ham, goat cheese and half the mozzarella on top of asparagus mixture.
In blender add eggs, cottage cheese, half & half, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and blend until mixed.
Add egg mixture and the rest of mozzarella and bake for 30 to 33 minutes or until completely cooked.
More Delicious Brunch Recipes Ideas
- Cottage Cheese Toast 4 Ways
- The Best Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
- Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
- Chocolate Chip Baked Oats Without Banana
- Baked Potato Leek Puff Pastry Bites
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for an easy quick nutritious breakfast!
- Don't skip sautéing the asparagus with shallots and garlic! Not only delicious flavors will develop, it'll also insure that the asparagus are cooked all the way. The size of the asparagus matters too, the thicker the longer they'll take to cook.
- Keep the goat cheese refrigerated until ready to add it to the quiche. It'll be easier to handle and not as sticky if it's cold.
Frequently Asked Questions
Insert a toothpick in the middle after 30 minutes, and if it comes out clean it's ready. The quiche shouldn't look liquidy at all anymore.
Absolutely! Feta, Gruyère, more mozzarella, cheddar, any cheese you love would work.
Crustless Quiche with Asparagus, Ham and Goat Cheese
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil for cooking
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 cups asparagus trimmed, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup frozen hashbrowns
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup deli ham chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese about ¼ cup
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella divided in 2, more or less to taste
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese low fat
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- oil spray to coat baking dish
- Preheat oven at 375° Fahrenheit. In skillet add oil and shallots. After a couple minutes add chopped asparagus and garlic. Cook on medium low for about 4 minutes.
- Add frozen hashbrowns, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix in and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Lightly coat baking dish with oil spray and add the asparagus mixture.
- Add chopped ham, goat cheese and half the mozzarella on top of the asparagus mixture.
- In blender, add eggs, cottage cheese, half and half, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and blitz until all mixed.
- Add the egg mixture and the rest of mozzarella and bake for 30 to 33 minutes or until completely cooked. Optional: broil for 1-2 minutes at the end. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- Vegetarian: skip the ham or replace it with meat alternative.