This delicious beet and cucumber salad with goat cheese is so easy to make and the perfect side for any summer barbecue! Crunchy cucumber, soft beets and goat cheese tossed in a shallot champagne vinaigrette, you'll love this recipe!
Why This Recipe Works
- This salad is very easy to make! I get ready-to-go steamed beets which are very convenient. You'll need to do a little chopping and assemble the easy vinaigrette and that's it! All the flavors pair beautifully!
- Beets and goat cheese are already a match made in heaven! Add crunchy cucumber and you get such a delicious refreshing appetizer or side dish everyone will love.
How To Make Beet And Cucumber Salad
- The vegetarian recipe has minimal ingredients. The champagne vinaigrette requires little work, is so delicious and worth it! It really completes this salad recipe. You'll need a small shallot, champagne vinegar, avocado oil (or any neutral tasting oil), garlic powder and a little Dijon mustard.
- If you choose to cook your own beets instead of buying them ready-to-go, you absolutely can! Trim and wash the beets really well. The easiest way is to simply boil them. Depending on their size, it will take 25 min to 1 hour. Just check them until fork-tender. Once soft, move the beets to an ice bath and peel them. You can use a paper towel, the skin will come right off. Make sure to trim any remaining hard parts.
- I recommend using English cucumber or mini persian cucumbers for this recipe as they are not as watery as a regular one. But you can still use a simple cucumber, just cut in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds in the middle. Once chopped, you'll want to salt the cucumber pieces generously and let them sit on paper towels. This will release extra water to assure nice crunchiness!
Other Recipes You'll Love
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Kabobs
- Air Fryer Chicken Tacos
- Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta and Parmesan
Tips And FAQs
- This beet and cucumber salad will store well in the fridge in an air-tight container for 2 to 3 days. After that, the cucumber will get soggy.
- Can I use a different kind of cheese besides goat? Sure, feta will work but it's not as creamy as goat cheese which is the reason goat is my preferred choice!
- Can I add nuts? Absolutely! Candied walnuts or pecans would work beautifully with this recipe!
Beet and Cucumber Salad with Goat Cheese
- 1 small bowl
- 1 peeler
- 1 cup cucumber peeled and sliced. About 1 medium cucumber
- 2 cups beets cooked and chopped. About 3-4 small medium beets.
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Peel and slice the cucumber. Place cucumber in a bowl lined with paper towels and sprinkle salt on it. Let sit while you prepare everything else.
- Chop shallots, beets and chives.
- In bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, pinch salt & pepper and shallots.
- Remove cucumber from bowl. Wipe extra moisture from them with paper towel. Assemble beets, goat cheese, cucumber, vinaigrette and chives in bigger bowl and enjoy!