Crispy on the outside with a tender fluffy inside, these air fryer garlic parmesan potatoes are a perfect side dish everyone will love! Very easy, this garlicky deliciousness is made with baby potatoes tossed in simple spices, freshly grated Parmesan and fresh garlic. So good!
Why You'll Love this recipe
- The texture! These potatoes are irresistibly garlicky and coated in crispy parmesan while tender on the inside. Garlic and parmesan together are a match made in heaven and give these air fryer potatoes a bold amazing flavor.
- It's a healthier choice! Using the air fryer doesn't require the use of a ton of oil, saving lots of fat calories. Potatoes are satiating, nutritious and so satisfying. This is a reason why I love making veggie sides in the air fryer so much, like this butternut squash, and delicata squash. And fruits too like these air fryer apples and peaches.
- This recipe is very easy! We use baby potatoes that don't require any peeling or extra work. And the cleanup is usually easy with air fryers. You can also customize the spices to your liking and experiment with different combinations, and serve them with condiments like my Dijon aioli.
- Baby potatoes: this is my preferred choice for this recipe cause they don't require any peeling and the soft skin gets beautifully crispy.
- Fresh parmesan: I highly recommend using a block of Parmigiano Reggiano and grating it yourself if you can. The flavor is just incredible. But pre-shredded works too.
- Fresh minced garlic, for an optimal garlic flavor.
- Spices: we use a simple mixture of the magic garlic and onion powders with salt and pepper here, but you can absolutely customize your seasoning and use anything you love with potatoes.
- Oil: you need a little oil and oil cooking spray for this air fryer recipe.
How to make air fryer garlic parmesan potatoes
- Wash and scrub the baby potatoes well, then pat them completely dry with paper towels or a kitchen towel.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390° Fahrenheit.
Chop the potatoes in half or forth if they're bigger, then toss them with oil, garlic and spices until nicely coated.
Then add about half the parmesan (or a little more) and toss again until coated.
Spray your preheated air fryer, then add the potatoes in. Cook for about 20 minutes, shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
After about 20 minutes, add the rest of the parmesan, shake the basket and continue cooking for another 3-7 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Potatoes are the best!
- Mashed Potatoes with Whipped Cottage Cheese
- Baked Potato Leek Puff Pastry Bites
- Air Fryer Steak Fries
- Potato Cauliflower & Leek Soup
- Air Fryer Diced Potatoes
- Try to chop the potatoes somewhat uniform so they cook evenly. But remember, It doesn't have to be perfect!
- Always preheat your air fryer.
- You can spray the potatoes with a little extra oil spray if needed at the halfway mark.
- Don't skip saving some parmesan for the end. It'll get nicely golden with a ton of flavor.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer and shake the basket often to get the best results.
- These air fryer garlic parmesan potatoes are best served immediately after cooking as they'll lose their crisp when resting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes absolutely but a high quality fresh parmesan block will give you the best flavor.
Technically yes! You can peel them too if you wish. Just chop them around the same size so they cook evenly. The smaller they're chopped, the faster they'll cook.
Olive oil, avocado oil or really any oil of your choice. But make sure that your spray cooking oil is suitable for air fryers as some contain chemicals than can damage the coating.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds baby potatoes washed, chopped in half or quarters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan more or less to taste
- chives optional
- Wash and scrub the baby potatoes clean. Then pat them dry fully with paper towels or a kitchen towel. Chop them in half or quarters depending on their size.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped potatoes with oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until well coated.
- Then add about half the grated parmesan to the potatoes and toss again.
- Spray the preheated air fryer with spray cooking oil, then add the potatoes to the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer for 25 minutes, shake the basket every 5 minutes.
- At about 20 minutes, add the rest of the grated parmesan to the potatoes and shake the basket. Continue cooking for 3 to 7 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove from the air fryer, sprinkle with chopped chives, more parmesan and salt and pepper if you wish. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- If you double or triple the recipe, depending on the size of your air fryer, , I would recommend cooking the potatoes in batches. If you overcrowd the air fryer, the potatoes will not get as crispy.
- Cooking time will vary by a few minutes depending on your air fryer as each model is unique and the size of the potatoes.